Thursday, January 27, 2011

Chinese Almond Cookies





A little guy really pissed me off today.  It may sound silly that I was mad at a kid.  Perhaps I should say that I was just disappointed.  Pissed at him, disappointed in myself.  I literally felt the pain when I could not help this little someone I care so much about.  To put myself in his shoes, to really see things from his perspective, it is much easier said than done.  I guess that's why people say that they keep learning from their kids.  

I was pretty much speechless tonight and decided to bake at 1 am.  Baking calms me down.  This recipe is supposed to yield 42 cookies.  I made them bigger and came up with 24.  I also used half butter and half shortening.  Unfortunately I forgot about not having almond extract at home, so I found the cookies lack of almond flavour.  Other than that, these cookies are absolutely easy to make and very tasty.  They are perfect for celebrating Chinese New Year.  

No comments: