Sunday, February 20, 2011

Avocado Cream Cheese Cookies

http://anncoojournal.blogspot.com/2011/01/avocado-creamcheese-cookies.html

Perfect recipe to use up the avocado which has been sitting in my fridge for a few days.  How brilliant to use avocado as a substitute for butter.  Although it does not entirely eliminate it, the butter being used in this recipe is very minimal compared to other cookie recipes.  I found these cookies not very sweet so if you have a sweet tooth, just use more icing sugar.  

2 comments:

Cherry said...

Ooo, I love avocado. I have also seen in a cooking competition on tv that you can make chocolate mousse with avocado, and apparently all the judges adored it.

jollymommy said...

oooh, nice piping. in fact i have some avocado in my fridge too. green cookies for adrian! i like the idea!