Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Green Tea Pound Cake



This is like a little experiment of mine.  I am never too crazy about pound cakes because they are all so dense and solid.  So I found this recipe and decided to improvise.  First, I used 1 cup of cake flour and 1 cup of all-purpose flour (the recipe called for 2 cups of all-purpose flour).  The batter got very thick so I added a cup of whole milk in it.  I also reduced the sugar by half, as always (I actually still found the cake a bit too sweet after I reduced the sugar).  Baked it for 1 hour.  I like the golden crust and the cake is quite tasty. 

1 comment:

Cherry said...

If you want a straight and consistent crack on top of the cake, you have to pipe a line of softened butter on top before you put it in the oven. The crack will be moist and straight! That's calories you can't cut.