Sunday, April 18, 2010

Tiramisu Trifle


http://www.mykitchenaddiction.com/2010/02/tiramisu-daring-bakers-february/


This is the first time I made Tiramisu and I never knew that mascarpone cheese could be so expensive... a 500 ml tub could cost $15.  I did some research online and learned that making home-made mascarpone cheese is actually quite easy.  All you need is whipping cream and fresh lemon juice.  This recipe is excellent, I'd say just follow it (I used twice as much as suggested in this recipe to make this trifle, this could easily feed a hungry group of 12 or more). I made everything from scratch, only the lady fingers are store-bought (I'm leaving for a vacation in a few days and had no time to bake).  This is very, very delicious... I took some pictures of my happy customers to prove it.

3 comments:

Lala said...

that "dull dull" is so big =0
ho ho may com bor ^^

Cherry said...

Yah, that bowl is gigantic! How does the homemade mascapone cheese tasted compare to store bought?

jwingyee said...

Hi Cherry,
I think the home-made version has a lighter texture, other than that, its taste is about the same. This is a wonderful recipe, you must try it.