Thursday, September 29, 2011

Black Sesame Macarons

I was casually chatting with F yesterday and this time I really listened and learned that he genuinely likes macarons.  I remember that he did tell me before, but I didn't think too much of it because I am not too crazy about making and consuming this dessert.  It's just too difficult to make them and they are way too sweet for my taste.  F went on to ask me all these technical questions about the process of making macarons and all... like I could answer any of them.  He seemed really interested.  I felt guilty and decided to try to make some.  

Must have been my lucky day, these macarons turned out ok.  I have tried several recipes, with aged and non-aged egg whites, leave the oven door ajar or not... it does not matter.  To me, it's simply pure luck.  After all, baking, to me, is  for fun.  Let's not get too serious about it.  


As for the filling, I have a jar of blood orange spread I hardly ever used.  It's quite interesting to put black sesame and blood orange together. I found the taste very mild and refreshing. 

No comments: