Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Coconut Mochi Cake

http://une-deuxsenses.blogspot.com/2009/12/coconut-mochi-cake.html


I found this recipe last night and I so wanted to try it out.  So I went to buy a bundt cake pan today at lunch hour.  I have always like the chewiness of mochi (mochi is a Japanese rice cake, made of rice flour.  It is a very traditional snack and is eaten all year round) but I never knew you could make a cake out of it. To call this a "cake" could be a bit misleading... don't expect it tastes like a regular cake. 

This is a simple recipe and the ingredients include evaporate milk, coconut milk and eggs and all those wonderful things.  All you need to do is to mix all the wet and dry ingredient together (I found it easier to mix it with a hand-held blender) and then bake it for an hour.  The recipe called for 2 cups of sugar... it's way too sweet for me so I cut the sugar down by half.  

I couldn't wait and ate a slice when the cake was still very hot and burned my lips... silly me...

No comments: