Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Yeasted Banana Bread

http://technicolorkitcheninenglish.blogspot.com/2008/11/yeasted-banana-bread.html


I don't eat ripe bananas because I found them too sweet. As soon as they develop brown spots, I usually would throw them away (I know I should not do that). I had tried making banana bread but I found most too heavy because the texture was more of a banana cake.  I finally found a real banana bread recipe... the recipe called for 1 ripe banana but I put 2. I found the bread dough very sticky...so sticky that I could not knead the dough or divide it into 8 portions as the recipe suggested.  Instead, I put all the dough in a loaf pan and baked for 40 mins. I hope you see the banana bits in the bread.  The bread is very moist and has just a hint of sweetness.  If it's not already past midnight now, I would have eaten at least a thick slice of bread with salted butter... The simplest thing usually is the best.  

2 comments:

Rita said...

Your skill is getting better and better everyday! I have to work hard to keep up with you!

Cherry said...

I agree with Rita. Way to go!