Friday, March 19, 2010

Wolfgang Puck's Pizza Dough


http://joylicious.net/2010/01/20/wolfgang-pucks-pizza-in-two-ways/


I really miss the pizza I had in Naples and so I decided to make pizza from scratch.  Making the pizza dough is very similar to making a bread dough, it just requires a bit more kneading (please note that I cut the recipe suggested portion by half in order to make one large pizza). I used asparagus, prosciutto, some left-over smoked duck breasts and mozzarella for toppings, my favourite pesto for the sauce.  According to the recipe, the baking time is 8-10 mins, I was skeptical and I thought it took longer to bake.  It turned out that 8 mins was just prefect.  As you can see from the picture, the crust is quite thin.  It is very delicious.  Next time I should try making the real Neapolitan pizza...


3 comments:

honeyjr said...

Look yummy!
This reminds me of that movie Julie & Julia with Meryl Streep. You know the one about Julia Child's early days and the modern day Julie cooking Julia's recipes and blogging about it at the same time lol.

jwingyee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jwingyee said...

"Julie & Julia" was actually my inspiration. I decided to do this blog after I saw that movie. It's funny that another friend of mine also mentioned that my blog reminds him of this movie. I have a Martha Stewart complete cookbook at home and it has absolutely no pics in it...! At one point I was thinking if I should do the same as Julie did in the movie... and of course I'm not qualified to even try to think about it.