Sunday, March 28, 2010

Soft Pretzels

http://kitchentrialanderror.blogspot.com/2010/03/soft-pretzels.html


Pretzels... I would have never thought so soft and delicious if they weren't  introduced to me by Anthony, my brother in-law.  I had never ever even thought about eating one because I let the appearance fooled me... they are just too raw and rustic to my taste.  One time we were shopping at the Yorkdale and Anthony bought a pretzel for a snack.  I told him I have been living here for 20 years but I never tried pretzels.  He suggested me to take a bite.  So I did... You know, you don't find real surprises these days but that bite really gave me an impression.  I admit, there is nothing fancy about pretzels; after all, there are so many other choices to choose from... but pretzels are timeless, at least in my book.  

I baked these pretzels this morning. I like them with salt so I sprinkled some fleur de sel on top... plain and simple.  

6 comments:

Cherry said...

Wow, these look good! How do they taste compare to bagels?

jwingyee said...

Thanks... I ate one pretzel when it's fresh out of the oven. It's very soft and its texture is just like bread. I think the pretzels are less solid, less dense compared to bagels. Making pretzels is a lot of fun... I highly recommend it.

Cherry said...

I can't wait to try! Maybe next week after my deadline at work.

Cherine said...

Those look perfect & sooo appetizing!

jwingyee said...

Thank you!!

Cherry said...

I used the same recipe to make bagels and they taste great! Instead of boiling them in baking soda water, I made caramel with 2 tablespoons of sugar and added about 4 cups of boiling water. I love this recipe! Thanks for the introduction!